Friday, July 24, 2020

Lanesboro

For my birthday this year, I wanted to go to Lanesboro to do some biking and tubing.  We went on a Friday morning, when it wasn't too busy yet.  The bike trail is about 4.6 miles from Lanesboro to Whalan, and it was a pretty easy ride.  It was fun reminiscing about the bike rides I used to go on growing up.  My grandma and I even shared a twin recumbent on that trail once!





When we got to Whalan, we enjoyed some pie/ice cream before hopping back on the trail and riding back to Lanesboro.





Jenny thought it would be funny to recreate a photo like my grandpa used to take of my grandma every time she would come out of a port-a-potty...

We ate a picnic lunch at Sylvan Park, then parted ways.  Dave and Norah headed back to my parents' house in Rochester to relax, and Jenny, Abby, and I went to rent tubes in town.  We did the in-town float down the Root River twice, and it felt amazing!  Again, it brought back memories--this time of going tubing with Dave and camp friends on the weekends when we were college-age.  We had a blast!




No comments:

Post a Comment