Summer is finally in full swing here, so it's time to play catch up! I hadn't realized that two months had gone by without a post, so I'm going to do my best to fill in the gaps with what's been happening around here. We've been thoroughly enjoying our first week and a half of summer so far--we've had some appointments here and there, a playdate, t-ball started, a quick trip to Rochester, and otherwise just finding fun/getting things crossed off the to-do list around home. Here is some of what we've been up to:
 |
| Going for wagon rides |
 |
| I made a quick project that I've been wanting to make for Abby--a pillowcase mattress. Happy to know that I still knew how to work the sewing machine--now need to start planning some more summer sewing projects! |
 |
| Playing outside with Sadie--she's finally starting to get a little easier to wear out. We've hardly had any "hot" weather yet, but she feels the need to cool down in the landscaping, a patch of shade, or our kiddie pool. |
 |
| A couple of picture perfect days--we haven't had the best weather, but these days make up for the rest. |
 |
| Lots of walks/Chariot rides |
 |
| Popsicles! Abby is not a fan of her bike, so I had to pull out a bribe. Ride your bike to the stop sign and back, and we'll get popsicles. I'll have to try to increase the distance each time :) |
 |
| Norah's first popsicle! She was a little surprised the first time she bit off a piece and got brain freeze, but otherwise loved it! |
 |
| A trip to Barnes and Noble to get Abby's free book for the summer reading program--the girls loved playing with the train set! |
 |
| I started up the Couch to 5K program again this summer--starting week 3 tonight. Abby doesn't like that I go without her, so one night, she and I went on a special "run". |
 |
| First bonfire of summer--a few raindrops, but it was still fun! |
 |
| Graham cracker thief--someone can't sit still for a bonfire, though... |
 |
| Abby won this sprinkler at our town's Easter egg hunt, and finally got a chance to use it--she loves it! |
 |
| Norah doesn't like it... |
 |
| T-ball is in June this year--a little chilly the first night, nice but buggy the second. Abby is having fun with it, though! |
 |
| We went to the eagle program at Daddy's park. Not recommended for busy one-year-olds, but Abby said she loved it, and the weather was perfect for being outside. |
No comments:
Post a Comment