Friday, June 10, 2022

Saying goodbye

Even though this school year felt long at times and wasn't always the easiest, the end of the year was very emotional as I had to say goodbye to my Red Oak family and my second "home" for the past 19+ years.  I student taught Feb.-March 2003 in 1st grade at Red Oak, and was fortunate to land my first teaching job that fall in 2nd grade, right next door to my cooperating teacher.  Through the years, I only moved classrooms one time--when we looped 2nd/3rd grade and I moved upstairs with the 3rd grade team.  I stayed put when we looped 3rd/4th grade a few times and eventually just stayed in 3rd grade.  My team has gone from a team of 8 teachers (!) to a team of 3, and they are fortunately going to be able to have a team of 4 and smaller class sizes next year.  I packed up and moved things to our garage/basement little by little over the last two weeks of school--I think it ended up being 11 total carloads.  ðŸ˜¬ It was so hard to say goodbye to everyone, and the finality of turning in my computer/keys and shutting my classroom door for the last time was very emotional.  Even though it was hard, I think it's time for a new adventure, and I am excited to be in the same building as Norah next year (as well as just a block away from Abby at the high school).  I think it's what I'm supposed to be doing, even though it's scary thinking about the unknown.  The people and experiences I've had at Red Oak will always stay with me.  ❤️







The final car load








Jen and Sara had a going away open house for me on one of our last mornings--we didn't even plan to dress alike!

Dave was already up north fishing on my last day of school, so my sister was taking care of the girls.  She made us a reservation at the pizza farm for dinner to celebrate the end of the school year.  We also enjoyed ice cream at The Blast!






No comments:

Post a Comment