I was fortunate enough to be able to join Norah's class this year for a field trip to Riverbend Nature Center in Faribault. Because of all of the school days cancelled while we were in Florida, I got four personal days back. I need to use two before the school year is over, so this was the perfect opportunity to use one. They also had to reschedule this field trip, because it was originally supposed to take place during the week we were gone in Florida. It was a perfect day for this field trip--lots of snow on the ground, great temperatures for being outside all day, and even beautiful falling snow.
Norah's group first did kicksledding. Norah and her friend had a great time pushing each other around the track.
After kicksledding, her group did animal tracking on a hike through the woods before lunch. After lunch, they snowshoed. Norah did great, and would love to try it again sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment