Saturday, March 18, 2017

Norah turns 5!

Norah turned 5 on March 3rd...I know I repeat myself every year, but I truly can't believe how fast time has gone.  This year seems extra crazy, because I know she is going to KINDERGARTEN in the fall!  I just went to her kindergarten roundup a few weeks ago, and it's hard to imagine that she will be starting this August.  In some ways, she seems so little, but I know she is excited for it and has loved her year in preschool.

Norah's birthday was unfortunately on a weekday this year, so we had to wake up early.  Luckily for Norah, I guess, she woke up really early--around 5/5:30 and that gave me time to run to the bakery for birthday donuts in the morning.  It also gave Norah time to open all of her presents.  She really didn't have any special things she was wishing for, except for a mermaid tail Snuggie that she had seen on t.v. and at Target.




My mom had sent some packages for Norah to open for a few days leading up to her birthday.  In one package was a gift card to Papa Murphy's, so we had a pizza supper after school/daycare and watched Norah's choice of movie (Aladdin) and had some neighbor friends over to play for a little bit.  With Dave being so immobile from breaking his ankle, we really didn't do anything big to celebrate.  Hopefully over spring break we can do something fun to celebrate both Norah and Abby's birthdays!

The week after her birthday, I took her to see her doctor for her 5-year check up.  She was healthy, and did great with everything leading up to her 4 shots.  She was not excited about that at all, but she celebrated the shots being over with a dilly bar on the way to pick up Abby from school.  She weighed in at 35 pounds (17th percentile) and was 3'5" tall (22nd percentile).

No comments:

Post a Comment