Sunday, August 3, 2014

California

Last weekend, I was able to take a trip to California to visit my brother.  I flew into San Francisco on Thursday night.  When Greg picked me up, we had a late supper before heading to the hotel.  I spent Friday exploring San Francisco while Greg worked.  I walked down to the ferry building, shopped in Union Square, and walked to Golden Gate Park and spent the afternoon there after we ate lunch.  When Greg picked me up, we started our drive down the coast.  We stopped to eat at Sam's Oyster Shack in Half Moon Bay, then drove on to Seaside (near Monterey) to stay for the night.  After we found a hotel, we went to a late movie (Begin Again--great movie!).







In the morning, I unfortunately spent some time at urgent care getting a strep test (negative), but we still had some time to explore Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey.  We ate lunch then went on a whale watching tour.  It was a fun boat ride and we saw several whales.  Unfortunately, I got seasick on the way back, but it was still a fun trip.  We continued our drive down the coast, through Big Sur National Park (definitely need to make it back there someday!), then stopped in San Luis Obispo for supper.  We were planning to stay there, but there weren't any rooms available until a town two hours away.  Greg found that it would actually be cheaper to stay in L.A. (3 hours away) with his company discount.  So, we didn't get there until 12:30, but we stayed at the nicest hotel I've ever been to (Loew's Hollywood) right in the middle of Hollywood.  The beds were amazing, and we must have been tired, because we didn't wake up until 9 (11 Minnesota time).


We spent my last morning driving to Malibu, and then ended up eating lunch at In 'n Out Burger near the airport before Greg dropped me off.  It was the perfect chance to relax and have some "me" time during this time that Dave's gone!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you took this trip! Sounds great! (Aside from the sore throat and sea sickness!)

    ReplyDelete