Friday, April 4, 2014

Six!

Abby turned six on Wednesday...such a crazy thing to think that Dave and I first became parents six years ago.  The time has gone so fast!  Even though she wasn't feeling the greatest, Abby was still up and dressed before anyone else.  Dave went out and got donuts for breakfast, then Abby opened up one present.  He drove her to school, and I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer in her class in the afternoon.  They were just wrapping up their snack time when I got there, enjoying Abby's oreos for her birthday treat.  I had fun doing a word sort activity with some kids, taking projects off of the walls, and doing a watercolor paint activity with small groups of kids.  I only was able to volunteer one other time (over my winter break), and it makes me sad that this was the last time I'll be able to do it this year.  Abby and I left after school got out and headed home where she opened the rest of her presents.  For supper, we met up with my mom and sister at Chuck E. Cheese.  The girls had a blast playing games, going on rides, feeding the ticket muncher, meeting Chuck E. Cheese himself (well, maybe not Norah so much--she covered her eyes when he came out), and ate a little bit of pizza.  We've celebrated both of the girls' birthdays with our families already, but Abby's looking forward to seeing a movie with her friend Olivia tomorrow to officially wrap up her birthday celebrations.



Yesterday, we visited Dr. Mark, even though a 6-year check-up isn't required.  She didn't pass her hearing test last year, and after having an allergic reaction to a cough syrup in December, I wanted to get her checked out and see what his opinion was about the allergic reaction.  She passed her hearing test just fine this time, and apparently has better than normal vision (20/16).  She weighed in at 39.4 pounds (just under 25th percentile) and was almost 45 inches tall (close to 50th percentile).  Dr. Mark didn't recommend any allergy testing at this point; just told us to avoid medicines with a certain cough suppressant ingredient.  I had promised no shots this year, but we found out that Hepatitis A is now required for school.  Abby was not thrilled, but made it through the shot!

I interviewed Abby this morning for her 6-year interview...here is what she had to say:

Favorite food:  pizza
Favorite color:  pink
Least favorite color:  white
Favorite toy:  Anna
Favorite fruit:  grapes
Favorite TV show:  Sophia the First
Favorite movie:  Barbie
Favorite lunch:  chicken
Favorite thing to wear:  Minnie Mouse dress
Favorite game:  Fancy Nancy ice cream parlor game
Favorite snack:  Goldfish
Favorite zoo animal:  zebra
Favorite song:  Let it Go from Frozen
Favorite book:  princess one
Best friend(s):  Orelia, Avery, Olivia, Addison, Micah
Favorite cereal:  Honey Nut Cheerios
Favorite thing to do outside:  swing
Favorite drink:  strawberry milk
Favorite holiday:  Christmas
What I want to be when I grow up:  a princess
Favorite thing to do with Mommy:  make Legos
Favorite thing to do with Daddy:  sled outside
Favorite store:  toy store
What makes me happy:  playing outside
What makes me sad:  when you don't play with me outside
What I like about Daddy:  building a snowman (can you tell it snowed last night/today?)
What I like about Mommy:  playing in the snow
What I like about Norah:  that she plays with me
What I like about Sadie:  when she licks me
What I'm excited about now that I'm 6:  that I can go to 1st grade

No comments:

Post a Comment