Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Other August fun...

Somehow, the end of August is almost here...crazy how fast the summer went!  Besides visiting Flandrau State Park, swimming lessons, and Abby's jump start kindergarten class, we squeezed in some other fun activities this month:

*Zoo date with friends...we had perfect weather for an afternoon at the zoo at the beginning of August with the Guses and Clarks (minus husbands).  We had a great time, except for when Abby and Alex told us they were going to look at the sheep and forgot to tell us they were then going to visit the cows...very scary parenting moment!





*Teddy Bear Band picnic at the library--I didn't take any pictures, but Abby was right up front and center dancing along to the whole concert--she loved it!

*Community Days--car cruise and parade.  Norah LOVED the car cruise, especially when the drivers revved their engines (she'd say, "Vroom, vroom!" every time).  Dave's mom joined the girls and me for the parade--can't believe how much parade candy/loot the girls got from our small town parade.

*Norah's first movie--we went to the last of the free kids' movies for summer at the Lakeville theater last week.  I thought it was a good opportunity to take Norah to the movies for the first time, since it was free and Abby could stay with our friends if I needed to take Norah out of the theater.  She did pretty well for about an hour, then spent the rest of the movie running along the side aisle.

*Twin Cities Live--I had the opportunity to be in the audience of a Twin Cities Live show last Friday.  My college adviser contacted a bunch of us Gustavus education alumni and invited us to the show.  The producer that day was a Gustavus education grad himself, and he wanted a bunch of us in the audience.  I went with my friend Kristina, and it was fun to see some of my coworkers and a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a long time.  


*Quilt auction--we made it down to the Good Earth Village quilt auction on Saturday.  We were a little bummed that so many of the traditions have changed, but had a good time anyway.  Dave's parents joined us and requested a trip to A&W afterwards:


*Pool get-together at our friends Adam and Jodi's house--the weather warmed up enough to enjoy their beautiful backyard pool on Sunday.  Jodi made some amazing food, and we had fun with them and our friends, the Geers, as well.  Abby especially loved sweet baby Evelyn:


*And last but not least, I finished up the Couch to 5K program that I've been working on this summer...9 weeks of workouts.  I definitely won't win any races, but I'm happy to have met this goal over the summer.  I used an app called "Run Double" on my phone, and loved it!  I upgraded to 5K to 10K, but am not sure I'll have the time once school starts to do that.  We'll see...

I have a workshop tomorrow, and then our week officially starts on Monday...soaking up the last few days of freedom!



1 comment:

  1. I will never forget that zoo moment! My heart (as I am sure yours) was racing. It was so fun to see Abby right up in front for the concert, she sure is an outgoing kiddo. Twin Cities Live sounds awesome and great for you guys at the movies! She needs to be a movie-goer to fit in your family :) Did you actually see any cars at the car cruise? We only had about 10 go by our house. Hope you enjoyed workshop!

    ReplyDelete