Monday, July 29, 2013

Watermelon Day

After the fun week with Connor, it was time for Watermelon Day in my grandma's small Iowa town.  This year, Abby was really hoping to be IN a parade instead of just watching, so my mom and grandma organized us to ride in my grandparents' old truck that my uncle restored.  We had four generations:  my grandma, mom, myself, and Abby and Norah.  Abby had so much fun throwing out candy...so much that we ran out of candy along the way...oh well!


The rest of the day, Abby and Norah both had fun going on rides (Abby's favorite this year was the swings; Norah--the airplanes), eating yummy food at Lori's, watching some softball, eating lots of free watermelon, and helping at the ring toss.  My cousins and I even squeezed onto the little train for old time's sake...














The weather was perfect, and we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment