Monday, June 17, 2013

A sweet honor

I haven't really shared this with too many people, but I was honored this year to be nominated from a parent of a former student in my class for Minnesota's Teacher of the Year.  It was such a thoughtful thing to do, and her recommendation letter was so sweet.  In no way did I think I would ever win, but I felt like I should complete the portfolio process because of the effort she put into her nomination.  It was fun to get free tickets to the Teacher of the Year banquet in Minneapolis--the Education Minnesota speaker was great, and it was fun to learn more about the top 10 finalists.  It was also an honor to be later recognized at our district employee banquet.  Shakopee had the most nominees from any other district in Minnesota this year, which was very exciting.  A coworker of mine was also nominated.  Definitely a surprise and an honor!




No comments:

Post a Comment