Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hungry Caterpillar

Last weekend, we celebrated both Norah and Abby's birthdays with my extended family.  I knew I wanted to use "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" for Norah's theme, so I figured I could tie in butterflies for Abby and make it work.  I had seen an idea for making a caterpillar out of cupcakes on Pinterest, so went from there.  I found some hungry caterpillar party stuff (tablecloth, bowls, napkins) from the Eric Carle Museum online, then found some matching (Target clearance!) assorted colored cups, plates, napkins, dessert plates, and straws that all went well with the tablecloth and color scheme.  Norah got a wooden hungry caterpillar pull-toy that I set on the counter, along with the book, for a centerpiece.  My sister made butterfly sugar cookies for Abby's portion, and bought her a butterfly balloon.  I found butterfly wings at Target for Abby to wear.  We had "picnic-y" food for lunch.  Thankfully, the weather cooperated, so everyone was able to make it up for the party.  Both of my grandmas, three of my aunts, two of my uncles, one of my cousins and her son, my  mom, and sister joined us.  It was so fun to see everyone!











Also, forgot to update with Norah's 1-year check-up stats...her appointment with Dr. Mark went well.  No ear infections--yay!  We still have no idea why she is still stuffed up all the time, but at least her ears are clear from her long stretch of ear infections.  She weighed in at 16 pounds, 15 ounces (10th percentile) and was just over 28 inches long (15th percentile).  Still our little peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment