Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nesting?

As the start of the school year gets closer and closer, I feel like I am in "nesting" mode--even more so than right before Norah was born.  With a little bit of panic that I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to this spring/summer, I've been cleaning out closets, weeding out clothes, ironing pretty much everything in my closet, cleaning out the fridge/freezer/cupboards, meal planning, grocery shopping, and trying to finish up projects that have been on my to-do list since March.  Here's one project that Abby and I worked on this afternoon:


Earlier this spring, I bought the frame in the clearance section of Michael's.  I used leftover scrapbook paper from Norah's scrapbook, clothespins I had at school, and photo paper to print all of the meals on.  Abby was excited to help me modge podge the scrapbook paper on the clothespins.  Hopefully it will help keep us organized for meals this school year, and help keep us from getting in the rut of eating the same things over and over again.

I'm going to try to force myself to get out of "panic mode" tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday and just RELAX and ENJOY the last few days of maternity leave/summer vacation and soak up time with my sweet girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment