Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birthday weekend

I am definitely a lucky girl--I had the chance to celebrate my birthday with lots of family over the weekend and had a great time.  On Friday, I woke up to some thoughtful gifts from Abby and Dave--they had made a video of them playing guitar and singing "Call me Maybe", made a card with several "coupons" enclosed for things like free chores, back rubs, 30 minutes of "mommy time", etc., and gave me a cute handmade purse/bag that I had admired at a craft fair.  After breakfast, we headed to Stillwater for the day.  Abby thoroughly enjoyed the Teddy Bear Park.  We ate lunch at Leo's Grill and Malt Shop (SO delicious!) and spent some time walking around and checking out a few shops.  We ended the Stillwater visit with one last visit to the park before heading down to Rochester.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect for our day!





We celebrated with my mom, brother, and sister that night--my mom made a delicious birthday meal and Abby and Dave made a yummy birthday cake.


On Saturday, my aunt Miriam and cousins Ben and Sarah came up for the weekend to hang out and play some games.  So much fun!  A new favorite this time was "We Didn't Playtest This At All" and we all enjoyed "Minute to Win it" on the Xbox 360/Kinect.  Abby and Norah loved the extra attention as well.




Miriam brought up an old sewing machine that had been at my grandma's for me to use for a project that I needed to work on.  After a sewing tutorial from Miriam, I was able to complete the project over the weekend and am excited to work on a few of the ideas I've pinned on Pinterest.  I definitely need more practice, but had fun picking out fabric and creating this "20-minute tote" bag for Abby today:


A couple more projects in the works soon--making the most of the time I have before school starts!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a perfect weekend and birthday celebration! You are one lucky lady! I love that your family plays games... I wish mine did. It's so fun that you have a sewing machine now too! We'll certainly need to plan that craft night now!

    ReplyDelete